An extra-ordinary porcelain lifsize garden sculpture in the shape of a dancing couple. Designed ca. 1908 by the famous sculptor Josef Wackerle. Manufactured by Nymphenburg, Bavaria in the second half of the 20th century.
Josef Wackerle (1880 - 1959) was a German sculptor who has been educated by the Munich Artist Acadamy. In 1899 he traveled to Italy and studied the pottery works from ancient times. He worked as artist director for the porcelain manufacture of Nymphenburg. One of his popular art works are the large majolioca garden sculptures and impressive exotic birds for the World Exhibition in Brussels.
Width: 33.46" (85 cm)
Height: 49.21" (125 cm)
Depth: 33.46" (85 cm)